Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWare 6 New server installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbeneke

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
AU
Hi All,

We are a small company with 40 users.
I currently have 3 NW4.11 servers.
1 running as main file and print with our virus gaurd.
1 running as mail server with Gw 5.2 and our veritas tape backup.
1 running border manager.

I am planning to bring the new NW6 server into use over this weekend and have copied/recreated the container structure etc from my NW4.11 box. I have also implemented NDPS instead of the old queues.

My plan was to copy all the data across from the old to the new box over the weekend and then switch the old box off (keeping it in reserve in case of complications).
Does anyone forsee any problems with doing it this way? Especially in relation to retaining email and net access etc?

The new box is in a different tree to the old so as not to cause problems while I was testing NDPS etc.

The plan for the future was to then rebuild the old 4.11 box to 6 and install GW6.5 as soon as I am confident that the new file and print box is A-OK.

Many thanks

Ben

Hi

I have just done the same thing and installed a new server with netware 6sp3 and had problems getting netstorage to work after about two weeks of trying and failing i reinstalled the server with netware 6 SP2 and everything fine.So dont know if there is a problem with netware 6sp3 or my overlay cd was at fault but 6.osp2 did the trick.

Check out the faq there is a quide How do I get NetWare 6 Web Services to work? Submitted by Psychoid very helpfull.

Thanks in Advance

Kaddett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back