Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 6.5 change IP - SERVER DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

njadmin

Technical User
Sep 5, 2006
US
I have a Netware 6.5 server and just changed the IP address from 10.0.0.17/8 to 10.252.0.19/16
I changed every file I could find from the Novell tech site and ran inetcfg to make changes there too. Everything comes up find but the I start seeing duplicate address warnings from the console. The MAC of the dup is the MAC of the server. When I nmap the server it shows a MAC of MAC Address: 02:00:00:00:00:00 (Unknown)

That's not the right MAC address and I can't figure out why it's showing like that. I need this server up NOW as everyone here is getting bounced every few minutes. I know there is no real conflict and I've been trying to figure this out since late last night.

Never mind I found the culprit it was a missing sub mask on another system with a similar MAC address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back