Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 6.5 and Groupwise 6.5 webaccess

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp611

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
US
I had a Netware 6.0 server running Groupwise 6.5 webaccess
this is the web server to allow users to connect in to the email server thru a firewall. When the server was a netware 6.0 server running groupwise 6.5 webaccess only the users were able to get the secure user name and password be for they could get to the web access side.But when the server was upgraded to netware 6.5 the security was lost and the groupwise webaccess prompt comes up first.
checked Novell for any tids and found a tid on GroupWise webaccess and SSL. I tryed the information in the tid (TID 10016636) but after I setup the information and reset apache2 then I get a page cannot be displayed. has any one come across this before.

Was the server upgraded in-place from NW6.0 to NW6.5?

Netware 6.0 used the Novonyx server, Netware 6.5 uses apache. You should expect that nothing from your old system will transfer, even if you upgrade.. Simply because it doesn't convert your Novonyx configs to Apache. You need to redo that.

Before trying to configure the SSL redirects, etc, you need to find out if SSL works at all... Just go straight to this page:

If that works, then your redirect is failing. If it doesn't work, then you need to look at your SSL configuration and the apache config files.

The reason I asked if you updated in place - if you did that, it won't create standard SYS:APACHE2 folders for apache, it will put apache in SYS:Novonyx..

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back