Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 5 to OES SLES 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemmahoff

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
GB
Hi,

anyone implemented OES SLES from Netware 5.0?

Would be interested to know how you can import NDS tree without applying any hotfixes to Netware 5.

Thank you.

Even if you were just implementing OES NetWare 6.5, you'd have to apply hotfixes to work correctly with NetWare 5.0 -- NetWare 5.0 has various problems sync'ing with eDirectory 8.7.3.x unless you upgrade NDS and other pieces to the latest available code.

So i'm not sure if I know what you are asking.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I have now setup a test Netware 5.00 (DS 7.47) which was moved from Live to test, isolating the connection onto our test switch.

I intend on applying the SP6 file for Netware 5. I've read a great deal about the Deployment Wizard and Migration tool.

Can someone please recommend what's the best approach, if I wan't this test server to migrate (server and data)OES Linux Netware?

Regards,
Jemma
X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back