Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 5 Server Installation Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithCar

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
US
I am installing Netware5 server on a IDE hard drive running Windows 98SE. I am having a problem during setup because it is telling me there are no devices to mount, no SYS volume. But it is not giving me a chance to create the Netware partition. Can anyone give me some tips?

Thank you.

Keith,

If I remember correctly Novell is looking for a formated drive with no OS currently on it. You may wish to grab a spare IDE drive and format it and then try. If that works then you can do it to your server drive.

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Your drive for the sys volume has to be cleared with fdisk or have 1 dos partition with remaining space clear (no format). The dos partition cannot have Windows booting up, it has to be real dos with no memory managers running (ie himem.sys, smartdrv, etc.). You will have to have cdrom drivers loaded so that drive D or E is active for the NW5 installation cdrom.

Cheers,
Mark ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back