Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netware 4.x to 5.1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaneryrie

MIS
Apr 11, 2001
US
Hi All,

Anyone know of any "gottyas" with an inplace upgrade going from 4.x to 5.1? The server is a Compaq 1600, 1GB RAM, Compaq Array Controller & NIC.

Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks.

ZR

The only problem I had was losing all of the print queues...I subsequently went with NDPS.

If you are upgrading GroupWise too, I'd start the e-mail accounts from scratch. Don't convert. That is if you don't have that many users. :)

If you don't have at least 1gb free on SYS, you have problems. We had a few servers where we had 770mb free on SYS (as per Novell recommendations) and it crashed half-way through the upgrade because of a lack of diskspace. Our fix was to partially reinstall NetWare 4.11, then free up more space on SYS. When you start at 9pm and finish at 4am, it's no fun! "It's true, its damn true!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back