Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netware 4.11-lost admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicko

Instructor
Nov 25, 1999
IL
Hello.
I got anetware server to handle and I don't have the ADMIN
PASSWORD.
I remember that there is aNLM to load on the server and handle it.
I tried aGNU PROGRAM called "SETPWD" (loadable nlm file) but for some reason it returns an error code (very long number)and it doesn't work.
can somebody tell about another way to do it?

thanks

chicko

If your netware 4.11 server has Bindery Loaded, you can load SYSCON via an RCONSOLE session and reset the Admin password. If not, you will have to make the change through NDS and go from there.

HTH

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

I believe SETPASS will ask for the old password before allowing you to change it to a newer one.

IF you have rconsole set up with the same password the autoexec.ncf will show the password in plain text if your server has not been set up to encrypt it 9which is a good thing to do. Go to prompt and type load install from the menu that appears type ncf file options choose edit autoexec.ncf and scroll down to se the password.

Chances are, none of the above will work for you. Do a search online for a program called "BURGLAR.NLM". You load this on a Netware Server and it allows you to give anyone Admin equivalent privileges! This has bailed me out of numerous jams! Also for the record, you won't find SYSCON, on a NW 4.11 server, instead use NETADMIN.

BURGLAR.NLM give only supervisor privileges not Admin.
Try to set bindery context on Admin context and use BURGLAR but i am not sure that will work ...

Of coures it will work. Like I stated above, it has bailed me out of many jams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back