Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netvista 8309 onboard video - how to disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmalpas

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2003
GB
Hi All

Does any one know how to disable the onboard video on a 8309

There is no bios setting to actually disable it only select PCI, AGP or integrated but none seen to work

Is there a jumper I can change

Cheers

Dave

It is sometimes a little awkward with these Netvistas - best done with two monitors attached; you need to add the graphics card first, boot to Windows and check that it detects and installs the new card.
(Reboot and enable it in the Bios(PCI or AGP, depending on what you've fitted) otherwise, so that it is detected by Windows.)
Go to Desktop Properties, Settings and click on the graphic for the second monitor then tick 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor'; click apply then tick 'Use this device as the primary monitor'.
You should (I hope) have to change the monitor to the add-in card, disable the original monitor still using Desktop Properties, reboot (switch back to the original graphics to enter the Bios(F1 or F2?) and disable(reduce the amount of Ram used to 0) the on-board graphics; save and exit, switch monitor(hopefully for the last time!
I hope I've got the sequence right, if not you will soon notice but it should give you the general idea.

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back