Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netview with FrameWork

Status
Not open for further replies.

we2aresame

Technical User
Feb 10, 2003
CA
Normally, we need do something on Framework before or after installating Netview(AIX platform), create->managedNode, then create-> NetviewServer.
Now, I'm handling a production case, base on AIX platform, netview is running, but I cann't find any related information on Framework,Can anyone give me some suggestion.
Thanks a lot.

What version of Netview do you have installed?
Usually it requires that you make Netview a managed resource, but that is usually before installing the Netview Server.

Most versions of Netview can be installed standalone (That is to say without creating a ManagedNode first). Acutally this in my opinion is the preferred method. The ManagedNode provides very little in the way of additional functionality when you're talking Netview.

Perhaps yours is a standalone installation? How would you know? Look for the oserv process running on that server. If a ManagedNode is running, you will see that process. Another good idea is run the command odadmin odlist on your TMR server. The output of this command will list all installed ManagedNodes (With the exception of some hub-spoke environments).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back