Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netview Rexx

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitz2000

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
CA
Just wondering if anyone out there codes in Netview Rexx for OS/390. If so, I'd also like to know if you use SA/MVS.

If you are familiar with these, I have a question for you. Did you ever write a rexx clist to deal with changes to clist automation flags not being saved across IPL's and/or Netview recycles? I'm starting to work on the issue but I figured if anyone out there already has written it up, there's no sense in re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks.

Hi Rexxhead.
Thanks for the link. I checked it out but unfortunately it's not something I can use. Netview runs as a separate address space in the system and you logon to it to monitor all systems in your realm (instead of watching 14 console screens for 14 systems). So it can't use ISPF facilities.

Thanks anyway.

Are you trying to save away certain 'switches' so that you don't have to reset them again across recycles? The only way I can think that you could do this safely is to 'dump off' the settings into a repository every time you change one.

Where you dump it off to, and how, are the bigger questions. Personally I would load the values into memory and write them out only if someone changes one of them. If you have a lot of changes though, that would be a lot of I/O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back