Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netstorage Zen and IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

makepeace1

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2007
GB
Hi i am having problems using Netstorage with IE7 when i try to login it comes up with the novell login box and then it just sticks in a loop asking me for a username and password and doesnt seem to get anywere notmater what you put e.g. the full username if i uninstall the novell logon client it lets me login to netstorage ok with the windows login box

I have been told that this is somthing to do with NetIdentity i have checked that we have not got this installed which we havent i then found that it was somthing to do with ZEN i then uninstalled this and then tryed to get on and i was able to but we cant uninstall this off everyones pc's because we need to remote control users pc's

i have been told by many people to use firefox but we dont want to do this because this would mean insatlling it on everyones pc and then getting them to use it which i dont think would happen

Is there any setting i can change to get it to work i have also been told to turn off TLS which dident work either

Roll back to IE6 if you don't want to use firefox. You really should have tested the effect of rolling out IE7 in your environment.

Where I work I have too many systems that do not work with IE7. Therefore, IE7 will never be the browser of choice. I also install firefox alongside IE and the few users who want IE7 understand they must use firefox for the business systems that IE7 mangles.

You have ZEN so the firefox roll out should be easy.

Time to educate your users of the benefits of diversity.

Have Fun! [pipe]

We have found a way round this

Go to c:\windows\system32
find a file called: RPAWINET.dll
and rename it to: RPAWINET.dll.old

And then we were able to use netstorage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back