Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetServer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgreer

MIS
Jul 18, 2003
US
I hope explain my situation good enough.

The problem I am having is when I go to Ops Navigator and drill down to Network--Servers--TCP/IP, then I right click on AS/400 NetServer and click on Properties. I am getting this error below.
---------------------------
AS/400 Operations Navigator
Unable to retrieve status for AS/400 NetServer because AS/400 NetServer is not started for system 10.92.254.145.
OK

The status of the NetServer is started. I have tried to stop and re-start the server and still no luck. When I go to look at the message que for QSYSOPR I see this below:

iSeries Support for Windows Network Neighborhood (iSeries NetServer)
EXPRESS ended.
iSeries Support for Windows Network Neighborhood (iSeries NetServer)
EXPRESS initialization complete.

These are two messages that are appearing. The name EXPRESS is from the old AS400 we were on. We just moved to a new AS400 machine about 4 months ago. There is not a EXPRESS on the new machine.

Here is my question:
1. How do I figure out the new name of the NetServer on the new machine.
2. How do I rename the Netserver name on the new machine and How do I know what to name it.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back