Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape vs IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp004

ISP
Jul 10, 2000
US
I have developed a web page using ASP and everything works fine using IE, but when I view the page in Netscape an entire table is NOT displayed. The "missing" table's code begins like this:

<table class='clsSmallFont' border='0' cellspacing='0' name='headerinfo'>
<TR><TD align='right'>Purchase Order :</TD>
<TD align='left'>376</TD>
<td>&nbsp</td>
<td>&nbsp</td>
<td>&nbsp</td>
<TD width='60'>&nbsp</TD>
<TD align='left' width='200'>
<INPUT name=chkDelTxn type=checkbox><B>Delete this transaction</B></TD>
<INPUT name=hidPONum type=hidden value=376>
</TR>

The entire table does not display in Netscape. Can someone help me understand why?

Thanks
[sig][/sig]

well can we see the ASP portion of the code, it's very common if you dont have an ending table tag </table> netscape will not display it at all. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Karl,

Thanks... I think that is it (no ending </TABLE> tags).

Thanks again! [sig][/sig]

Oh and another related question. Does NETSCAPE support the BASEFONT tag? [sig][/sig]

Will do Nick... wasn't sure which topic to list it under. Will list it in only 1 forum going forward.

Thanks. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back