Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Messenger with Exchange 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

itdrew

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
I'm trying to configure a Netscape Messenger to work with Microsoft Exchange 5.0 using IMAP. I don't want to use POP3 because I want to keep the mail on the server.
I can send mail but I can't recieve it. I can't seem to figure out where I would add IMAP to the exchange server. Of course the outlook clients work just fine but I'm planning to replace all of our Windows machines (95/98/NT and 3 Win2k)on the network with Linux running Netscape. I would rather replace all of the clients first and then replace the servers, and as such I need to be able to use the Netscape Messenger with Exchange for a short time. Could this be one of those situations where only a proprietary microsoft client can access it correctly? (Just one of the reasons why our company is switching)

Thanks in advance to all who reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back