Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Mail starts/runs instead of Eudora 5.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparkhill

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
US
I run Win 2000 and Eudora 5.2 along with Netscape 7.1 on my PC. Often as I browse (using both IE6 and NS 7.1) I may see a photo or screenshot and want to e-mail the graphic to someone. I right click and select the "send to" option...

Netscape mail (Compose) opens instead of Eudora, which is set as my defualt connection for e-mail.

I never use Netscape mail and don't have it configured for e-mail use.

At one time, I heard the issue might involve Eudora and netscape 7.x?? The issue I heard suggested there was a "fix" being put together by Netscape to fix this incompatibility between the two software manufacturers.

If you can suggest a workaround, I'll be listening! Thanks.

Jan

There are several possible reasons for this, check the following :

1. That the application attached to the MAILTO command in Explorer is Eudora. (Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types).

2. Check in the Browsers configuration section that Eudora is set up as the default mail client.

ggriffit,

This did the trick, but let me explain why I had trouble with this in the past (for others who may have this same issue bothering them.)

In Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types I did not find the name "Mail To" as I expected. The name is MAPIMail and MAPISend on my PC...

The MAPISend was blank - when I changed it to read OPEN with EUDORA, it works. Thanks for your assist in pointing me to this resolution...

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back