Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netscape keeps loosing scrollbars

Status
Not open for further replies.

vega15

Technical User
Oct 16, 2000
US
Hi, everyone. Here is a problem I have and I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for it.

I laid out most of the components on my page using css positioning. That includes 3 tables positioned side by side and 2 additional tables set as children of the first table so they always appear at the very bottom no matter how long this table is going to be. Plus, the page has a banner and java drop-downs on top. As a result, page goes down far beyond the actual screen.

And here is my problem: in Netscape, I constantly loose browser scroll bars. Usually, when I upload the page for a first time, scrolls bars are there. However, if I hit reload or try to re-size the window, they disappear. Hitting reload several times may or may not bring them back. It's kind of frustrating since I need for this thing to be cross-browser. (BTW, IE doesn't have that problem).

I'd appreciate any suggestions...
[sig][/sig]

Put this code in your <head> section and see if it helps:

<script language='javascript'>
if (document.layers)
{
window.captureEvents(Event.RESIZE);
window.onresize=handleResize;
}

function handleResize()
{
location.reload();