Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape Communicator theme/ background incompatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlms

MIS
Jul 12, 1999
AU
web pages created by FrontPage 2000 are displayed in incorrect color by Netscape Communicator 4.5.<br>
The problem appears to be with the application of themes or background. Colors are correct in MS Internet Explorer.<br>
<br>
The compatability settings in FP 2000 have be set to supposedly support version 4.0 or greater of Communicator and MS IE.<br>
<br>
Is there some way of changing html or page design to eliminate this problem for Netscape users?

FrontPage themes is a M$ thing.<br>
It is not supported or not supported wellby Netscape.<br>
<br>
Avoid themes.

Avoid themes????? Try: avoid Front Page!!!!<br>
Front page sites are one of THE MOST EFFECTIVE and THE FASTEST ways to TOTALLY SCREW UP a server! I've seen it done time and time again; it's just not worth the extra work it causes you; ESPECIALLY not when you figure in the fact that Netscape Composer can create pages that scale to different monitor sizes BETTER; it DOES NOT require special server support, it DOES NOT clash with EITHER MSIE of Netscape AND, best of all, it DOES NOT cost you one red cent.<br>
<br>
For some reason Front page just doesn't seem to make much $en$e once you figure everything (or even just a little bit) in.<br>
<br>
<br>
-Robherc<br>
robherc@netzero.net

I think if u want a good drag-n-drop <br>
editor for HTML , DHTML etc...<br>
<br>
DreamWeaver is about the best editor<br>
out there...<br>
<br>
I personally hand-code my HTML.<br>

Status