Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape 7.1 won't open encrypted pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFChristie

Programmer
Oct 25, 2002
US
I'm trying to open with Netscape. I usually use IE, but am trying Netscape since it includes a built in pop-up suppressor.

However, while this site opens fine in IE, it will not open in Netscape 7.1. I tells me it's openning an encrypted page, and then give me a message;

"HTTP Error 403 403.5 Forbidden: SSL 128 required This error message indicates that the resource you are trying to access is secured with a 128-bit version of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). In order to view this resource, you need a browser that supports this level of SSL. Please confirm that your browser supports 128-bit SSL security. If it does, then contact the Web server's administrator and report the problem."

I can open other encrypted pages (for instance, And, when I call the site manager, they say they have no problem loading it in Netscape 7.0.

I've checked all the encryption settings I can find, and all 128bit settings are checked. And, since NetScape doesn't offer any kind of free support that I can find, I'm at a loss for how to resolve this issue.

Does anyone know what I can do to get Netscape to work for all 128-bit encryption?

Thanks

I have to assume that "I've checked all the encryption settings I can find" means you've been to Preferences>Privacy and Security>SSL and verified all the SSL versions are checked. If better answers don't come soon, you might try The Netscape Unofficial FAQ at
Sloth is the mother of invention. Necessity is just a mother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back