Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netscape 4.75 slow to load page

Status
Not open for further replies.

YogeshPancholi

Programmer
Jul 4, 2000
CA
Has anyone had problems with Netscape v4.75 in loading pages that have a linked style sheet?

I'm developing some static HTML pages to be viewed on the corporate intranet. Each is around 60KB in size.

The pages take over 90 seconds to load in Netscape if I select "Enable Style Sheets" in Advanced Preferences, but load in less than 8 seconds if style sheets is disabled from preferences.

The linked style sheet consists of 5 style classes, and is less than 1KB in size.

By the way, the same pages load in less than 1 second on IE 5.0.

Any suggestions????

Yogesh Pancholi

"If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?"

Never mind. I got the answer to my question; Netscape doesn't like tables nested more than three levels deep - it grinds to a crawl when rendering the page.

I redesigned the page with a couple of outer tables removed, and the page display speed has reduced from 90 seconds to 7!!!!

cheers.

Yogesh Pancholi

"If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back