Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netraid Assistant: "cannot connect server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadbilbao

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
ES
Hi!

I've got a NetServer LC 2000 with 3 disks within a RAID 5. The disk #1's light gets red and blinks, so I decided to install Netraid Assistant.

I restarted my server, and when trying to execute Netraid Assitant, and after selecting "Myserver: Local" I get this message: "Cannot Connect Server".

My OS is Windows NT 4.0 + SP6a and WITHOUT Option Pack (IIS).

Any suggestion? Thank you very much

Hi,

Usually this happens when you select the client-server installation option during the software installation.You get the above error if you're just using the utility to manage locally. Try uninstall the utility by first stopping all the Netraid and all other related services (like nobelnetport, raid server services) before re-installing over the existing.

Also, check the version of Netraid Assistant you loaded. Usually, the one that works comes in the server 'start-up' cd i.e the Navigator.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back