Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netraid 3si Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I have a Windows 2000 Server SP 4 Installed on a HP server P3 1 GIG MEM with a NetRaid 3si Adapter.Now it was working perfectly fine for 6 months untill the machine was unable to boot at all and mostly freezing at a Windows 2000 logo. We did manage to boot up once by pressing F8 to go to safe mode and try the debugging mode. but again it crashed at the same point. We dont have a normal backup. The only backup we have is 20 days old. The Error is VRAM & hard disk not compatible and unable to detect the 2 bootable drive with the O/S Installed.

If I go to netraid configuration utility and reconfiguire the drive would I be able to recover the data from that 5 Hard drives. At the moment the drive is configuired as follows:

2 Drives Mirriored as c:\drive
3 Drives RAID 5 as E:\ drive

The only important drive with data is E: drive.

What I think is if I change anything on the NetRaid configuration utility then I wont be able to go back again. And I will loose all the data.

Any Comments Please.

Thanks

Have you tried Last Know good Configuration?

That problem was solved after changing the HP mainboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back