Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetMeeting connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDBurke

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I'm having an issue with NetMeeting connections after the initial connection has been made and I'm not sure if this is how NetMeeting should behave or not. Please let me know.

I start NetMeeting on A and B and make a connection with NetMeeting from A to B. If I click on the chat utility for A and send a message then the chat utility will appear on B displaying the message. This is how I believe it should work...so far so good.

However if I close the chat utility on B after receiving the message, NetMeeting acts as though B is no longer logged on regarding chat. In otherwords if I try and re-send a message from A to B again, B doesn't receive it. Shouldn't it act as though its an initial message being sent again?? Similiar to IM applications??

Now if I start up chat utility for B then NetMeeting acts as though B is logged on and now B will receive messages again from A.

This behavior is acting like this for whiteboarding, filesharing, chat and shared desktop.

I'm running NetMeeting version 3.01 (4.4.3385) on MSWindows 2000 SP3.

Is this supposed to work this way??

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back