Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetLogon Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasystranger2

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2003
VN
Hi everyone, I have a 2kserver with AD active (domain name is ACK.com)and some 2kprofessional clients, today when i see the event view console in my 2kprofessional and met following error events:
1. No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain ACK. The following error occurred:
The remote procedure call was cancelled.
2. The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller \\SERVER for the domain ACK is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on \\grp1-SLM to \\SERVER has been cancelled.
3. The PrintQueue Container could not be found because the DNS Domain name could not be retrieved. Error: 54b.
I met this error because I can't access to other computer or printer through network.
I need some real good advise to resolve this error.
Thanks for your time
SLM

What is your DNS config? Is your 2k server also your DNS server? Are your DNS settings correct? Is the DNS service running? Use nslookup from the client to see if it can resolve the server, and use it from the server to resolve the client. If not, try adding entries to your HOSTS file on both machines. If that works, you need to resolve your DNS problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back