Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netlogon is not running on this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe123

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
GB
Greetings,

I wonder whether you may be able to help me I am using a laptop (WIN2000PROF)to dial up to the server. When I login it allows me so far then pops up with the message "Unable to log you on because the netlogon service is not running on this machine". When logged in as the administrator netlogon is working and also when a colleague logs in it works aswell. There must be something wrong with my logon but I cannot for the life of me know what it is, I have checked all my details and they are the same as everyone elses.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

Are you sure that you have Remote Access permission? This needs to be set by your administrator on the server.

If you are sure the above works well then another option would be to stop the net logon service and restart it again. Just try this, hope it works.

James thanks so much. The above worked the first time i tried it. But would you please explain the logic behind it? I will be greateful. And by the way is this James Nyabicha?? of Strathmore College???

Mr. Nzalu i will get back to you soon. This is the James you've mentioned. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back