Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netlogon disabled but not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason305

MIS
Jan 15, 2001
US
I have an NT 4 workstation which was logging into the workstation and into Novell. I've added it to the domain, however it will not login. Investigation shows that the Netlogon service isn't starting. On attempting to start the service it tells me that the service is disabled, however it shows automatic. I've tried disabling and enabling it with no success. There is nothing showing in the event log.

Try re-applying sp6, if that doesn't work try reinstalling NT40, when the install screen tells you that it's found a previous version do you want a NEW install or UPGRADE pick the upgrade so you'll keep all your software, settings, etc.. then re-apply sp6 (yea, yea, I know this gets to be a pain but that's Microsoft for you) hopefully that should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back