Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetLog on Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

josboogz

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
GB
I am having problems with the Net Logon service. I currently have 2 Domain Controllers and have noticed that i cannot have both with NetLog on Service running, as turning it on one DC disables it on the other, is this expected functionality?

I also noticed that when the network cable is was plugged back into the DC it disables the NetLog on service.

If so i would expect the second DC to start the service once the first DC no longer provides the service but this down not happen? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks guys...

N.B (running Windows Server 2003)

Update to the problem, it seems the replication between the two DC is whats causing the NetLogon to be disabled...

Every 5minutes when a sync is intiated its causing the NetLogon to diable itself. Anyone have any ideas whats could be causing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back