Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetIntelligent .ndi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoyDelicious

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
US
Looking for matching .ndi -> .nlm I'm trying (again) to get another driver up but when I attempt to load it when prmpted it tells me no drivers listed. So I believe that it is the .ndi file that will be of assistance is this true or am I just f*&*&^^?

Well one pack that I got was in the form of .nlm (i assume a host of different drivers). I tried to use the standard n100 (HP Ethernet PCI) but it wouldn't take any of the slot numbers I was giving it. The way I'm doing things is via floppy disk although when prompted it doesn't read any files. The install appears to be freeBSD based although I remember seeing some mod's for FAT simulation. I've lost hope, and plan to install a ealier version, either that or just open the box and put in a 3com NIC from another box. Sigh. Any input would be helpful. Ciao

I dont' know why you're trying to load freebsd drivers on a novell server..

but..

If you want to find the slot number with a normal NETWARE driver, just go to the console command prompt, and load the driver from there. You should be prompted to choose the slot.

for example (Assuming loading from floppy): LOAD A:\N100.LAN

Once you find the slot number, you should be able to transpose it into INETCFG.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

I figured out the problem. Nothing was reading through my floppy drive. I had to dump the drivers onto the hdc. As far as FreeBSD drivers I was just reaching for something since I was frusturated. I found out from another forum that the drivers that are used come from a Softpaq which I had installed before but hadn't dumped on my hdc. Also noted that the drivers used were older drivers (1998). I wasn't aware that drivers were compatible between new version releases. I've been in Microsoft land for too long. By the way what is a MCNE? Did MS change the MCSE -> MCNE and why didn't I get the memo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back