Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netgear rm356 no router found

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpyne

Technical User
Feb 24, 2002
US
I have a rm356 netgear router that I have been trying to set up but I cant seem to get my computer to see it I keep getting a message that says no routers found or detected if anybody has any info on this please reply.

cpyne

cpyne,

You'd probably have more luck putting this question to the TCP/IP forum, but I'll attempt it anyway.

Are you using DHCP on your PC? Is the router providing the address to your computer?

If the router has an IP address that does not fall within your other computers' netmask, then you won't be able to "see" it.

I would say that you just want to reset it to factory config, but you have to be able to connect to in order to do that (really bad design). And the cable that they use for the console port is custom, so good luck there unless you are handy with building your own cables.

When you post this to the TCP/IP forum, make sure that you include your PC's ip range and netmask, and the ip and netmask of the router (if known).

Did this ever work on your network? Or did you pick this up second hand?

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back