Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetGear RangeMax 240 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2006
US
Just purchased a new NetGear router (because of to many weak/dead-spots within house). Configured it (no security, DCHP yes, b and g yes, Opt-Online )... Upgraded the firmware..All good, able to connect via wireless and Ethernet. The problem is....- Sometimes not able to see router via wireless from my old IBM T23 laptop. When I am able to grab a IP I am NOT able to "Surf"(????). Not a single web page will load.
With my old NetGear im able to access/surf with no issues everytime (on all computers).
Im just stumpted!
Thanks for your time.....
Eddie

Hey,

Is the laptop b or g?

Can the laptop get the internet via the ethernet connection?

What OS is on the laptop

Let me know,

Brett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NSW, Australia
(Unless you want to pay for our trip?)

Hi Brett
The os on the laptop is XP-Pro Sp2. Wireless card is "b".
Yes, I am able to get on the i-net with this IBM laptop via the router/laptop ethernet(RJ-45) connections.
Also my kids laptops(g)are able to utilize this router and surf wireless (????). this is what has me going crazy!
Thanks Sincerely,
Eddie
NYC

Ok,

Looks like it is a firewall/setting problem.

Disable the SP2 firewall and any other firewalls that you have, like, Norton internet security.

Also, becuause this is a "b" card you may have to update it drivers so that it can function in a "b or g" environment. You could also test it by forceing the wireless to function in "b" only.

Let me know,

Brett

NSW, Australia
(Unless you want to pay for our trip?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back