Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear ProSave VPN Client - DNS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmin

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
GB
When I connect to VPN, I am unable to access public networks (eg. websites). I have traced problem down to NetGear virtual adapted not knowing what DNS server to use. Entering IP addresses in IE address bar gets it going.

By default Virtual Adapter uses Automatic IP address and DNS server - that does not work. I tried giving it manual numbers and there was not luck ether.

By default, Windows uses the last connected adapter for communication, eg. while connected to ADSL dialing a modem would switch you connection to modem speed hence, I suspect answer lies somewhere in Virtual adapter configuration?

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Answer is simple. It will not work if your connection media is using an automatic settign for DNS. To make it work enter DNS IP manualy in TCP/IP setting for your network card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back