Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear FVS318 VPN Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt21

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
IT
I have two FVS318 setup as a VPN.

Netgear FVS318 at home is IP address 192.168.9.1
Netgear FVS318 at main office is 192.168.1.1
Remote office connected with Cisco Routers is 192.168.2.x

I can ping the main office from home fine. I can ping the remote office from the main office fine. I can not ping the remote office from home. Is it possible to access an ip address not on the local LAN through the FVS318 VPN?

Thanks,

Matt

Did you ever find resolution to this problem? I am having similiar issues. I have two FVS318 Router's with a VPN established between the routers. I can ping the LAN side IP on both routers. From one side of the VPN, I can ping all computers on the lan, but from the other side of the VPN the ping reqests time out.

vpn1<-------->Internet<---------->vpn2
192.168.0.1 192.168.2.1

from VPN1 i can ping 192.168.2.1 through 6
from VPN2 i can pint 192.168.0.1 I cannot ping anything on the lan side of VPN2

Make sure you have &quot;Tunnel Can Access A Subnet of Local address&quot; turned on in the VPN settings on both sides. You are having a different problem than mine. I did get an answer from Netgear and they said what I wanted to do was not supported.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have checked the netgear firewall for the &quot;Tunnel Can Access A Subnet of Local address&quot; option in the VPN settings. I don't see these options. I am running firmware v1.0 Apr. 16 2002 on a Netgear FVS318. Am I missing something?

Ok I have set both FVS318's with the &quot;Tunnel Can Access A Subnet of Local address&quot; option I still get the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back