Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear FVS318 Multilocation VPN - Routing Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasifkhan007

Programmer
May 10, 2008
Hi,

I have five locations that I am trying to establish router-to-router VPN connectivity. I am using FVS318 by Netgear. Following is my Topology.

Each location has a VPN connectivity to Main Office. All locations are working fine. Branch locations are able to access all resources on Main office networks. My knowledge to networks is iimited so excuse any stuipd questions. What I am trying to achieve is to allow access resouces of one branch to another through main. for example.

Main Office: 192.168.0.1 (Router)
Branch A: 192.168.5.1 (Router)
Branch B: 192.168.6.1 (Router)

Branch A router has VPN connection to Main Office
Branch B router has VPN connection to Main Office.

I want Branch A to be able to access resources of Branch B and vice a verse through Main Office. To accomplish this I have created static routes but no luck. for example.

on Branch B router I create a static route to route all traffic for 192.168.5.xx to main office 192.168.0.1

I am bascially thinking that if main office knows where each branch is than any traffic packets going to main branch for another branch should reach them. Am i wrong?

I know I can easily create VPN connection direct between branch A & B, but I dont want to do that. I want all traffic to go through Main office... VPN gurus or network gurus... please help.

I use these router and you will have to create a tunnel between the 2 sites. What version software is each router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back