Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NETGEAR and wierd issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCOELHO

MIS
Dec 6, 2001
US
Hey everyone sorry for bothering you but i have been having a weird issue with my network at home. I have a simple network. A comcast modem - netgear rangemax WPN824 router -
then one wired pc and 2 wireless notebooks. The rangemax has the latest factory firmware. And all has been working fine.
My friend was staying with me for awhile and we noticed that when he would turn his notebook on and connect to the wireless network that the router would freeze. I could no longer see the router not even through the wired PC. Counldnt even ping it. I would actually need to hard boot the router. Well since he didnt stay long it made very little difference.
Well recently i bought a small laptop since one op my laptops was failing my luck now is i keep having the issue. Seems when i turn on the laptop ( and only this laptop) the router freezes. I will actually go and pull the power cable and reconnect and all is fine. Then when i shutdown the laptop again the router freezes. These is becoming annoying. Does anyone have any ideas. Thank you

What OS is the offending laptop running, and what software does it use for wireless connection? Is it the Windows app or a proprietary one like IBM uses?

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back