Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netfinity 5500 m20 OS installation HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

unnamed422

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
Hello,

This is my first post and I have flipped through the topics hoping to catch a answer to my question but no luck.
I acquired a IBM Netfinity 5500 M20 quad p3 500mhz 256mb 2x9.1 gb scsi drives with serveRAID II. I have been reading up on it on how to set it up and etc. On the IBM website it says to install windows 2k to install the OS and then later install the RAID drivers. Well I go to install the OS, I have tried 3, WIN NT, WIN2kPRO, WIN2003, <I have read the instruction for each OS installation> it will not recognize the drives. It tells me that it hasn't found any drives on the PC. How would I be able to fix this and get the drives to be found?

Thanks for any help

Justin

I'm having exactly the same problem... i've tried to setup the scsi drives but everything I do just doesn't seem to work...

i'm now creating a IBM ServeRAID Support CD via an iso image that is located on the ibm website... i've read on another post that this solved there problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back