Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity 5100 & PegasusProviderAdapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMnovice

Technical User
Dec 16, 2006
GB
Hi All

Have been given a NetFinity5100 and am trying to get this working at home as an educational excersise. At the moment its got severe problems and keeps crashing (keeping a log of the problems and will analyise). I think its got several problams but I gotta stsrt somewhere and take this one step at a time...

1) Its got 4x SCSI disks (raid 5 with hot spare) one disk has been marked 'defunct' fortunately its the spare - I got a replacement and hope to swap this in tomorrow.

2) My immediate question.
On boot & windows load I get an error massage aboyt PegasusServiceProvider.exe 'To help protect your computer Windows has closed this programme'

Windows half seemd to be suggesting either disabling DEP for all but essencial Win apps or excluding Pegasus from DEP. Have tried both but no joy, I still get the same message.

Any ideas suggestions on this? Please.

Question.. is the version of IBM Director (I am assuming you are running this because of your error) you are using on this server is compatible with Windows 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back