Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netfinity 5000 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmssi

MIS
Aug 22, 2000
US
i have a system warning light on the front of my netfinity 5000 server which is running windows nt. i have checked inside for any lights on the motherboard as that is what the manual said to do and there are no lights on the motherboard turned on indicating a problem. i have ran diagnostics and that gets rid of the light and then a week later it shows up again. the warning light looks like a triangle with a ! in the middle of it and it is orange. anybody have this problem or suggestions on what else it could be? my server is still up and running and no problems so far that I can see...

Reboot and press f6. Then look at the events for the problem. If the problem is something that you wish to ignore clear the events and save. If that does not get rid of the light on the front. then power down the server for 2-3 minutes and power on the server.

HTH - Stiddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back