Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetExpress Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinHills

Programmer
Oct 28, 2003
GB
Hi

We are using NetExpress version 3.0.14 using, as an example, windows XP to print.

We use the PC_PRINTER commands to do our printing. Essentially what is happening is if the printer name is up 68 Chars in length it prints fine. However, if the printer name is 69 Chars or above it errors with error 114.

Does anyone know if there is an in-built limit of just 68 chars or if there is something i can change within the program to allow it use longer printer names?

Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Martin

I would be guessing there is some internal limit of 64 bytes and the extra four is just sheer luck...

HTH
TonHu

As a general practice it is good to write your report to disk and print it in a separate step. That way if the print step abends then re-running the application is not necessary.

I realize that this is not a complete answer to your question but it would at least isolate the print issue from the application in general

Clive

In a mainframe environment you would simply use a final IEBGENER step.

In a PC environment there are many ways. Probably the best is to output the report as HTML with <pre> </pre> tags and then present it as a final step. From there the user could choose to view or print it.

Clive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back