Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netdm for simple communications controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lescohydro

Technical User
Feb 3, 2004
US
Hello Techies,
As I am new to this forum I will ask for some leniency and patience please. I recently upgraded to Win 2k Pro and lost the drivers that were loaded by the original owner for an HSP micromodem, which worked well prior to the OS upgrade. Now I am getting Simple Communication Controller Errors. I downloaded the 2k pro driver from driverguide. com but when it came to finding the netdm.inf file I pointed the system to it's location on the hard drive by using the browse function in the found new hardware wizard and it said it could not find the needed file. This surprised me since the system was searching for netdm.inf and I pointed the system to that very file in the downloaded driver file set. If anyone can help me with this issue I would appreciate it. Even though the HSP modem drivers have been loaded as well as the ethernet controller drivers,without the Simple Communication Controller driver it cannot find the modem.
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back