Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbuilder routers using public ip space inside LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2003
US
Walked into a WAN situation with 4 offices connected via 3Com Netbuilder routers that have been assigned 129.x.x.x addresses and using RIP2. I need to get these routers off the 129 network and onto a private address space. Can these routers be assigned an alternate ip address? I'd like to create a 2nd network with private IP range and have the two networks route between each other, then remove the 129 addresses gradually. I'd appreciate any help with the commands to accomplish this.

Thanks.

MidwestAdmin

Hi, MidwestAdmin

You can assing more than 10 IP addreses per physical port. You can do it easily. Connect to router (console or telnet)
and use this command:

> menu -ip netaddr

you will receive IP addresses and menu where you can add next IP addresses to each port. Use "add" option in menu, not "setd" option.

BRAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back