Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netbios shows one instance in every workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

comtutor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2000
US
I have a NT/98 environment with one SCO box. A few weeks ago we installed SCOVisionFS 3.0 and started having problems. Some of the programs using netbios UNC paths are uncertain and ocassionally fail. I see the SCO box icon shows up in EVERY NT workgroup????
I have been getting netbios errors in my error log and cannot figure out how to fix this.
1. How did this happen ?
2. How can I fix it ?
3. How can this happen when every netbios name is suppossed to be unique?

TIA

Did you specify the workgroup in the visionfs setup.
I beleive this can be done through the profile editor.

I had a simluar problem where my SCO box showed up in each workgroup. I fixed the problem by specifing the workgoup it should reside in. Without actually looking at the profile editor I can not say exactly where to go.

In profile-editor, serverproperties, identification, edit you can specify the workgroup. If you set it to "(all)" the servername will be in all workgroups.

I've seen problems with visionfs, UNCpaths and IIS4 virtual directories but have no idea how they can be solved.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back