Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbios problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainey426

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
I have one Windows2000 Pro workstation sp3(on a Net with total of 38 computers.. 30 Win2000pro, 3 win server2000, 5 Win98) the one takes real long to get directory info from any of the 8 shares that are setup. The deeper you go into the dir structure, the longer it takes.. 5 deep will lock it up. WINS is correct, IP is assigned by server, Netbios over TCP. I have plugged the station into another CAT5 connection and it works great. FAST! with no lockups.. I replaced the CAT5 wire to the original station, changed the network card, updated to latest service pak. Tried different connections at the switch. Tried to remove any outside interferance, i.e. elec cords, telephone wires, UPS, etc..

I'm stuck. Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Is IPSEC enable? If IPsec is enable, all windows 2000 machines will run fine but the 98 will have problems.

Is this AD enable? Do you have DNS? Are all the machines configured to use DNS? Windows 2000 AD needs DNS.
Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back