Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbios over TCP is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter2002

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
CH
We used RAS (Modem and ISDN) with Win98 and W2k clients to connect remotely to our headquarter (NT4.0 servers). With some new WinXP Pro clients, we got the problem, that after establishing a modem connection, it's NOT possible to make a drive mapping or an user authentication to the NT domain controller in the headquarter. IPCONFIG on WinXP shows that "Netbios over TCP is disabled". But netbios over TCP is explicit checked (enabled) under network properties! Does anybody know (registry key or any other idea) how to correct this? New setup of OS or applying new patches or removing patches doesn't help.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Peter

You need to go to the properties of your network card, then to TCP/IP properties, click the advanced button, then the WINS tab. There you will see your options for NetBIOS over TCP/IP!

Andy

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Sorry Peter, I have just re-read your question and realised I am being very stupid!

Duh!

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back