Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netbackup with storagetek sl500 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongill

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2007
CA
to find the robot or any of the drives. Anyone have any suggestions on how to setup these devices in solaris so netbackup can recognize them?

i am assuming i have to setup the sg drivers .. ive tried for a few hours following the instructions from the netbackup documentation but no success.

When I type the cfgadm -all
the tape drives and fc modules should up as connected/configured

When I try robtest
"there are no robots configured"

When I type sgscan -all
all the wwids show up but no devices associated with them
only devices show up are the 2 hdd's in that server

typing in mt -f /dev/rmt/0 status
the tape drive does show up
"HP Ultra SCSI ....."

hello,

I have a sun server with solaris connected to a storagetek sl500 tape library. Connecting via 2 qlogic PCI-x fiber cards going into a brocade switch.

When I run the configuration for the netbackup it is not able to find the robot or any of the drives. Anyone have any suggestions on how to setup these devices in solaris so netbackup can recognize them?

i am assuming i have to setup the sg drivers .. ive tried for a few hours following the instructions from the netbackup documentation but no success.

When I type the cfgadm -all
the tape drives and fc modules should up as connected/configured

When I try robtest
"there are no robots configured"

When I type sgscan -all
all the wwids show up but no devices associated with them
only devices show up are the 2 hdd's in that server

typing in mt -f /dev/rmt/0 status
the tape drive does show up
"HP Ultra SCSI ....."

Status
Not open for further replies.