Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netbackup upgrade? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepallace

Technical User
Jun 8, 2004
US
I will be upgrading my master server from 4.5FP5 to 5.1. Do I also need to upgrade my media servers which are currently on 4.5FP5 version. Will the clients still run If I leave my media server to 4.5FP5.

Thanks,
JAQ

Clients will still run and your media servers can be phased in.

Comtec17 is correct but, if you have SSO, you may experience some problems. Thats from experience. I don't think you will find anything about it in the VERITAs docs. But check out my tagline.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

and here is the documentation...

DOCUMENTATION: NetBackup multi-version co-existence: what combinations of 3.4, 4.5, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0 client, media, and master servers are supported?

Rules specific to NetBackup 5.1:

Only by installing NetBackup 5.1 on a master server can any media server be upgraded to NetBackup 5.1.
Only clients running NetBackup 4.5 or later are supported when the master server is running NetBackup 5.1, regardless of the version of NetBackup installed on the media server.
A NetBackup 5.1 master server will support all versions of NetBackup 5.x media servers and all versions of NetBackup 4.5 media servers, including 4.5FPx and 4.5MPx.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back