Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup sql server client error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfoata

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2001
CA
Netbackup 3.4.1
Backup and media server : sun E3500
SQLServer client : Sql server 7 on NT4 SP6

Problem :

I can backup the dabatase from the client using a BCH file and it works fine.
When I submit the backup from the server using that same BCH file I get an ODBC error :

03:33 [237,232] <32> CDSNaccess::LookUpInstance: ERR - Error in RegOpenKeyEx, opening <SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\test3> key: 2. The text follows:

15:03:33 [237,232] CONTINUATION: - The system cannot find the file specified.

15:03:33 [237,232] <4> CDBbackmain::dbbackup: INF - Results of executing <C:\Mssql7\Backup\test.bch>:

<0> operations succeeded. <0> operations failed.

One more point, I can do a file system backup of th eNT box form the server and from the client, so I know the networking is set up correctly.

Any ideas ? Too bad I.T. is not cash business

Luc Foata
Unix sysadmin, Oracle DBA

Ok, I found the answer :

The client service on NT must be started with the same user as the user that is used for the ODBC connection.
Too bad I.T. is not cash business

Luc Foata
Unix sysadmin, Oracle DBA

The account used to start the NetBackup Client Service must be the same as the ODBC account and that account must have backup operators permission on the database. Refer to pages 51-65 in MSSQL pdf that is on your installation CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back