Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup Max Clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taneujin

MIS
Aug 14, 2001
SG
I would like to implement Netbackup Data Center running on Win2k. I would like to know if 1 Netbackup server is able to handle about 30 servers (approx 6 MsSQL, 4 Notes) on a backup Lan.

Also, ideally, how many clients should a backup server handle before requiring additional media server?

Depending on your master/media server 30 servers is not at problem at all.

I don't think you can put a number on how many servers clients to handle from on media server.

To put a number on how many clients can be handled by one media server depends on things like: The media server, the client servers, network, SAN, backuphardware, disksubsystems, operatingsystems, type of client, performance needs, options, restore needs and the list just keeps on and on.

If we talk about a "normal" 30 server env. I would just go for one master/media server. If you later need more power you can always add extra media servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back