Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamason

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
I had a problem with about 7 jobs last night. The jobs started but never started to backup. After 3 hours I tried killing the jobs, but I was unable to kill the jobs. I eventually used the JOB ID and deleted the jobs from the db\jobs folder. I manually submitted the jobs and the jobs ran to completion. This morning I noticed that there was a bomb for all 7 jobs that I deleted. I checked the ALLLOGENTRIES and noticed that at 3am this morning the jobs(original jobs) looks like they tined out and created a bomb. Is this unusual, I hope that I have explaned myself and everyone understands what I am saying. If this is normal what took the jobs so long to time out after I deleted them?

One more question 'no storage unit available for use'. Can someone explain?

This is normal - Unfortunately. For us, when this happens, I reboot the master server. Sounds strange but appears to be the only resolution.

Phantom,

Do you reboot the Master server after all this has happened? This happened to us last night and I now deleted the bombs. Everything looks good for tonight. Do you suggest I still need to reboot the Master server?

this sounds similar to something i encountered a few weeks ago (4.5 fp6). I rebooted the media server that was doing the backups and most of the time, it did not kill the job. At all times, i got failed jobs later on with empty fields (no client, policy, time, etc.). Afterwards, before I rebooted the media server, i actually killed all of the netbackup processes first on the media server and then rebooted. This killed the jobs immediately. I didn't bother looking in to the problem (too lazy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back