Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup cannot see Exchange mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

haonn

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
VN
Dear all,

Please help me with netbackup 6.0 for exchange server 2003.
I installed netbackup on backup server and started with a domain admin account and install netbackup client on exchange server.

When I opened my netbackup client on exchange server, the exchange mailboxes cannot be showed.

Have you ever faced this problem, please help me.
Thanks in advances,

Hi,

You need to specify an account for exchange in the client properties (Windows Client/exchange) (In most case the service account of the netbackup client service)
The account need to have enough rights to open and read all mailboxes content.

Fredje

Have you installed the Licence key for Exchange Server? Then select MS-Exchange-Server as Policy type.

Also, check your backup selection to be as follows:

Microsoft Information Store:\*
c:\
d:\
e:\
f:\
etc
etc

hope this helps?
dennis101

Dear,
Thanks for your reply, however I did use backup service account with enterprise admin member and have Exchange Full Administrator, configure netbackup as symantec guide (please see this link for what I have done - that can help. Please help, your prompt action is highly appreciate. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back