Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netbackup 5 storage unit properties 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfieldz

MIS
Feb 21, 2006
US
Hi, just wanted to make sure that what I want to do is as easy as it looks. We need to take a few of our storage units and change the drive letter paths. The type of of storage units are "disk staging". Under properties / absolute pathname to directories, there is a browse button. This is obviously the way. We just want to make sure that we do not upset the integrety of any of the other netbackup internal mechanics. By browsing to the new driveletter (larger disks), we assume that it is as simple as that, since it seems to be where the storage units / path to storage units are defined. Am I missing anything? Thanks to all! ........J

Hmmm...
It seems my first reply has gone into cyberspace...

anyhow what I said in my first reply.

You need to wait until all of the images in the disk staging area have migrated to tape before you change the disk storage (staging)

Or you can simply add a new disk storage (staging) unit

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

If you are going to clear out the disk staging then I suggest deleting the disk copy only. You can do this by first getting a listing of files that have already been migrated. There will be a file in the format of client_1145229875_C1_F1.ds
all files that end with .ds have migrated.

Remove the _C1_F1.ds from the file name and use bpexpdate to remove it from the disk. The tape copy will then be promoted to become the primary copy for restores.

bpexpdate -d 0 -force -copy 1 -backupid client_1145229875

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back