Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup 5.1 - Error 152 - Snapshot Error While Reading File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steppo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2009
US
Backup Server:

Veritas NetBackup 5.1
RedHat Linux 8
Pentium III 1GHz
1GB PC133 SDRAM
Sony AIT-3 Drive in Qualcom Silo (SCSI-3)

Backup Client:

Vertias NetBackup Client 5.1
Windows 2000 SP4 (fully updated)
Pentium 4 2.8GHz (Prescott, HT Enabled)
2GB PC2100 DDR RAM
300B SATA RAID-1

C:\ (OS) - 4GB (reads as 3.99GB)
G:\ (DATA) - 288GB

For the first few months of launching this new NetBackup client, we didn't have any problems. Once the client began to hold more than 150GB of data, we started getting a problem in NetBackup where the job (Full-weekly, or Full-monthly) would just error out, saying "Error 152 - Snapshot Error While Reading File (Random file listed)".

A diff-inc job will work.

At first glance, I thought it was the 1GB+ snapshot file that NB throws in C: during the backup procedure. It'll fill the hard drive, and my assumption was that once Windows tells the NB client that it can't write anymore, NB quits. Today, I cleared up a few hundred MB of storage, but that didn't make a difference.

So here are my questions:

1.) Why won't this backup complete? What's a snapshot error?
2.) If it has something to do with the snapshot file, how do I go about setting up the NB Client to put the file in the G: partition, where there's more wiggle room?

do you have open file backups enabled for this client?
If so, then that will be what is causign the problem.
Go into the host properties of the master server, look under clients and see if this client is listed. if it is, click on it, click on the open file tab and see if it is using vsp. if so, turn it off and try again

Cheers
richs24

[yoda]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back